Are you thinking about potentially keeping bees, and want to understand what it takes and how to get started? Are you not ready to keep your own bees, but you're curious and want to be part of the solution? Are you’re afraid of bees? (think you’re allergic?)
This workshop is for you!
Beekeeper Tim Cerniglia of BeeKind Farms is going to introduce you to these friendly and productive pollinators. Keynote presentation will cover and discuss
- Honey bee biology and sociology
- pollination value in food system
- Modern day honey bee challenges.
- What it takes to keep a colony of bees
- A season of beekeeping
- bee products from the hive
BeeKind Farms will have demonstration hives and beekeeping equipment on display for educational discussions and questions.